Ravenmount on Tumblr

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Celtic Thunder Fall Tour 2012 (!!!!)

The Celtic Thunder Fall Tour kicked off last night in St. Johns, NL, Canada. I am trying not to think about it too much, because it is still several months before Celtic Thunder rolls into Colorado, but there will of course be at least a tiny part of my mind tagging along with them from now until the end of the year.



I'm very excited that this year I'll actually be in the audience for a night, my first time seeing Celtic Thunder live. I have to keep reminding myself that there will be a lot of people at the show, and that since most of them paid a lot more money than I did so they could sit a lot closer to the stage, I am hardly likely to actually meet any of the singers, let alone Ryan Kelly or Neil Byrne. They'll be very busy, after all, and I am quite cowardly in crowd settings. With my luck, that'll just mean I'll run into one of them when I least expect it so that I'll have the pleasure of turning beet-red and forgetting how to speak while my friend takes a great blackmail photo of me being completely and totally embarrassed. :) Still, the concert will be amazing, I'm sure, and if I had more money and maybe my own transportation, I'd love to be a groupie for a season and go to all their shows.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Paul Byrom in concert sometime, too, though he is not exactly touring yet this fall. He has several shows coming up in the next few months, though, and hopefully his schedule will pick up a few more shows this year to make it a proper tour after all. He's probably a bit distracted right now, since he is also in the process of planning his wedding, something which can be a full-time job in itself. So, he's not pouring all his energy into scaring up venues right now, but with all the Celtic Thunder fans gearing up for the Celtic Thunder shows, I'm sure they'd love to get to see Paul too. I'm sure I'll love Colm- he seems as amazing as the rest of the group has always been- but I still can't think "Celtic Thunder" without also thinking about Paul (and Damian, for that matter).

I have no idea how much it costs to play at the Fort Collins Lincoln Center, or how much Paul would need to make to break even on a show, but I can still imagine him singing to a sold-out crowd in that space and would love to see that actually happen. Even as just 'some random fan', I'm sure even Paul himself has at least noticed my not quite subtle, pretty constant plugs for his coming here. So, maybe sometime before I graduate and leave Fort Collins I can put together all the right elements to get him here. Crazier things do happen. At the very least, I plan to find a color printer and some sticker paper, so I can print me some stickers of his flyers. ["What are we going to do tonight, Brain?" "Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world. (and fill it with all my favorite music by all my favorite musicians, of course)"

No comments:

Post a Comment