Ravenmount on Tumblr

Monday, January 28, 2013

Quick Notes: Songlist Change, Celtic Thunder in Australia, Guitar Duo in Nebraska

1) Just in case anyone is wondering, yes, I am shifting my songlist posts from Fridays (which didn't always work out as planned) to Mondays. Live music shows here tend to be on Fridays, Saturdays and Thursdays, so trying to write what is the equivalent of a 6 page text document for a Friday post-deadline was just not going so well. I am hoping to bring back my "Where Are They Now" posts this year, so maybe those will post on Fridays instead.

2) Apparently yet another of the Australia shows has been cancelled on the ongoing Celtic Thunder tour, and I am very glad I am not traveling along on this particular tour (though there would be lots of great photos for me to take, I'm sure). The weather where they are now sounds not just soggy, but rather intimidatingly scary, with far too much rain and high winds that would make traveling by bus particularly interesting. Here's hoping the Celtic Thunder folks are safe and relatively dry as they continue to slog their way from town to town for their tour. The folks in Brisbane are, I'm sure, disappointed at missing the show Celtic Thunder was to be performing there, but with all the flooding and roof damage folks in that area are dealing with, missing a music show may be the least of their worries for some people. And, if this is the first you've heard of this cancellation, click here for the blog post where Sharon Browne provides more information.

3) I'll write more on this weekend's shows soon, but if anyone in or near Friend, NE (Wed. Jan 30th) or Lincoln, NE (Thurs. Jan 31st) is looking for some great live music and doesn't yet have these guys on their calendar yet, check out the Andreas Kapsalis & Goran Ivanovic, Guitar Duo show that will be coming your way this week. These guys are absolutely amazing master guitarists.

No comments:

Post a Comment